A wise woman, by the name of Mom, suggested that I blog first thing in the morning as opposed to last thing at night. Blogging is meant to be motivational for myself and hopefully others. therefore if I wish to motivate myself with all that is Last Minute Clothing, I should begin my day with goals and ideas and words of motivation, rather than last thing at night when all I want to do is sleep.
So, Step 7 and the word for the day "Motivation"
Many people work for others or with others, generally they have a set list of things to accomplish, simple goals for the day. There are always sales goals to reach, quotas to fill and rewards that await them. These incentives are generally set by the company they work for or upper management. I don't have these people setting these goals for me. I have no one to compete with other than myself. This can be tough when your are attempting to find motivation in oneself.
Sure my long term goals are what motivate me. Day to day reminders help keep me going. But what motivates me each morning? I need to target that exact thought and hanker on it, so when I look around and all I see is how I can't do this, I remember why I can. Like in Harry Potter, when he has to find his happiest memory in order to produce a patronus to protect him from the dementors. Or when Peter Pan thinks happy thoughts in order to fly.
With that said, I am off to fly and ward off evil.....
No comments:
Post a Comment