Many say that it takes 28 days to break a habit: rehab, for example is initially 28 days long. So, theoretically it should take 28 days to form a new habit. Thus begins the journey of forming new habits that relate to all things Last Minute Clothing. My main intoxication.

Monday, December 20, 2010

Day 19

Another Monday, and only four days until Christmas....

Oh how I would love to bake cookies, watch movies, wrap presents, lounge around; ya know, enjoy the holidays. Not the plan, even if I wanted it to be. I still have a subconscious, not totally set in stone, but really want to accomplish goal of opening up another Etsy shop by next week. I picked a good time to stat this shenanigan.

A few days ago I was moving right along and had no doubt that the goal in mind would be accomplished. Of course, those tedious habits found their way in. When I begin to fell a sense of accomplishment several things can happen. I will add more things to my list, thinking that I have time. When I realize that I don't really have the time I begin to cut corners in order to finish everything. This leads to a feeling of being overwhelmed and causes me to slow down; a feeling that I created. I am like an evil scientist, the villain and the victim at the same time.

So, I took the slow down as a good thing. I didn't go backwards, left or right; I found a safe spot, let my life bar recharge and am moving ahead. Accomplishing what is important first; like the upset customer in France who still hasn't received his product yet and the customer whose product needs to be shipped today so he can receive it before Christmas. Yes my family is extremely important and I really hope I can finish all the Christmas presents in time and even bake cookies; but, my family won't kill me if I don't. The customers will, they can destroy my business before it even has a chance to go somewhere.

I am off to finish this busy, rainy Monday and yes, I will have another pot of, I mean cup of coffee....

No comments:

Post a Comment