Two days ago I completely crashed, literally. I think I kinda tripped, sorta, and ended up on the couch and some how never got up. I was exhausted, busy month, busy weekend. On top of the holiday rush, I had eight different stops this Christmas, it extended through the day after Christmas. So, I took the much needed nap and let my brain check out for a bit. Sometimes you gotta let your life bar recharge in order to finish the game.
It was all good though, I worked twice as hard the next day, yet I didn't feel it. I actually felt as if I could of worked through the night, but I stopped eventually. Got to take the time for an evening with the boyfriend, the dog and food.
I noticed, however a difference in my attitude. Normally I would enter into a level of stress that would consist of personal down beating, but I didn't. I knew I would be working tomorrow and I knew I wasn't putting anything off. Stopping, in the past, would cause a loss of three or four days. It was a process to re-motivate myself in the forward direction.
I also caught myself saying, "after work". Oh you mean, my self employment is a full time job and I don't have to run errands in the middle of the day; or drop what I'm doing to help others? It's not like I am doing anything else, right? Heck no, I'm busy and if you can't understand that, then I don't need to be talking to you. Yep, that is how I feel about Last Minute Clothing. I may not make any money yet, but that will change, in time and with persistence.
So, here they are, the last steps in the program:
Step 10: Forgiveness
Forgive yourself; there will be some goals that cannot be accomplished in an allotted amount of time. There will also be some problems that you cannot fix. Don't let this be your downfall; even Superman can't do it all and he has super powers.
Step 11: Reflect
Take time to notice the things you do different and how it positively affects your regimen. Give yourself a pat on the back, but don't celebrate just yet, your journey is not over.
Step 12: Prepare
Now that you have created your new habit, be ready for what may come next. You may not be able to predict the future; but you do know what you would like to do in the future and you can prepare accordingly.
I have broken many, but not all bad habits and have created many new ones. I don't always know where my path leads but I won't stop walking it. Everyday is a new day and I will live it to the fullest and learn to take, head on whatever comes.
I am still two sales away from 100 and I am almost ready to open up my next Etsy shop, but I haven't stopped working towards these goals. December isn't over and I need to prepare for the next thirty days. I have a feeling things will begin to change quickly and one day I will reflect and wonder how the thought, that I couldn't make my dreams come true, ever entered my mind.
Oh and as far as forming a solid day to day routine goes; I use step three: don't think, just do. Yep, I wake up in the morning and I clock in, to Last Minute Clothing.
Peace Out!
~Christina
No comments:
Post a Comment