Many say that it takes 28 days to break a habit: rehab, for example is initially 28 days long. So, theoretically it should take 28 days to form a new habit. Thus begins the journey of forming new habits that relate to all things Last Minute Clothing. My main intoxication.

Monday, December 6, 2010

Day 5

OK, so, the weekend was me going crazy and I almost relapsed. I had to re-group and focus.

I let myself get boggled down with the items on the list, trying to complete each task, mundane or not. I would then begin a stress rampage as I notice the time on the clock dwindle down. Yet I couldn't just stop, that would be me giving up. So I changed one of the ideas of forming my solid routine, 'list in order of urgency' to prioritize and don't write down. When I see a list of things I would like to do for the day, I then feel like I must accomplish each and every single goal in one day; mundane or not. If I didn't accomplish each goal, I would feel as if I was letting down others expectations of me. Then, of course my own expectations for myself. Even if the task are non-detrimental to the goals of Last Minute Clothing.

So, instead of writing each and every single thing down for the day. I begin with the most important task and continue down the line. When I feel I have reached a point where most of the high urgency task are complete I then think about all the other things I would like to do and pick one or two depending on how much time I have left in the day.

I also stick to the rule of Step 3 'Don't Think Just Do'
When moments would arise where I started thinking about all the important yet not urgent task, such as every ones Christmas presents, the house chores, going to the fabric store, calling my Mom; I would simply stop and continue sewing. A hard thing for me to do, but I would continually remind my self that the stuff will get done, but only if I finish the orders or the project at hand first.

So for Step 4 of the intoxication process 'Focus'

Remember where the finish line is, see it in your head and when you get closer, do not become distracted by everything else. Remain focused on the goal ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment