Many say that it takes 28 days to break a habit: rehab, for example is initially 28 days long. So, theoretically it should take 28 days to form a new habit. Thus begins the journey of forming new habits that relate to all things Last Minute Clothing. My main intoxication.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day 20

During dinner a couple nights ago the movie, John Q came on. A great movie about a desperate father whose son is in need of a heart. The fathers insurance would not cover the surgery and the hospital was not very sympathetic. With time running out and no other options, the man takes the hospital by hostage until his son is put on the list.

The movie taps in to the many problems with our health insurance but there was one line that keeps repeating in my head. John Q (Denzel Washington) tells his son to make as much money as possible when he grows up, even if he has to sell out. He tells his son not to be stubborn like his father and make the money, because things are much easier with money.

Things are much easier with money... oh how true that can be. I always imagine the many places I can take Last Minute Clothing, if only I had the money; how much easier accomplishing all my goals would be. For instance, something simple, a customer of mine still has not received his product, for what reason I do not know. My first reaction to deal with the problem at hand would be to recreate the product and have it shipped overnight or by two day mail. I do not wont an upset customer under my belt. This would cost me at the very least $42.00 for a product that cost $18.95 with a profit margarine of about half that. Since my business cannot afford $42.00 nor my own pocket, I am forced to come up with other ways of handling the problem. Which may result in an upset customer.

There is a lot I am learning from this experience, for one buy the insurance and tracking information when shipping, it will be worth it. I should probably offer other shipping options that the customer can pay for if they wish to receive their package faster. Another, is patience for all I know it is at the customers post office waiting for him and the mistake is not on my part. I hope for this scenario, but am prepared for the worst.

So, maybe things would be easier with a bunch of money but what do you really learn? Generally those who have changed the world even in the slightest, start with nothing. They would have never changed anything if they were simply able to throw money at a problem, while indulging in the riches of this world. And really, how much easier are things when you have the money...?

With that said, I reach Step 8: Be Resourceful

Don't always look for the easiest way to solve a problem, look for the best way. This is the only way one can learn to change things. Any, things...

No comments:

Post a Comment